So that was the long weekend, huh?

I don’t even remember when it started.

I guess it was Friday that I rented a little excavator to run some drainage ditches through the backyard and dig the holes for the sonotubes to put the deck on.

Cute, huh?

I started as soon as I got home, because my sweet baby was going to Preston Springs with Gadget, Penny, Beaner, and Stanley. I worked until dark, then grilled a couple of steaks that we were going to eat the day before, but didn’t quite get around to. Blue kept me company for awhile, then decided that he was going to shred the garbage in the bedroom while I was blogginggoing through Google+ to find funny and awesome things to share with the Facebook page. I’ve figured out some really cool ways to get more action on the blog’s page, and it’s even brought a few more “likers” there as well.

After I was done fucking about on the computer, I released Blue from his crate and let him sleep in the bed with me. Normally this is pooh poohed, but when it’s just us here we can do whatever we want. If we want to toss our own salad, that totally within our rights.

Sadly, only one of us has the physical capability to perform such a grand feat, so I will just have to watch.

Watch, and hope he doesn’t lick my face while I’m sleeping. He probably does. Right between my lips while I’m snoring or something.

“I’ll teach you to pin me to the floor and then drag me to my crate, motherfucker. Remember when I pissed all over my leg? Well I just cleaned it off. slurp, slurp” (For the record, I can only remember four times that he didn’t pee on his front leg. He licks it off partway through the walk, but I would think it would be easier to just NOT PISS ON YOUR FUCKING LEG!)

I’m a handsome, running boy

So we were up a few times in the night, because someone needed to reposition and get comfy, which for some reason had to be between my legs, but on top of the duvet, but all in all, it was a fairly good sleep.

Hey! It’s not going to rub it’s self.

Up the next morning, at 7:00, but couldn’t do anything until after 9:00 with a clear conscience because of my drunky pants neighbour, and my knowledge of what loud noise outside your bedroom is like when you have a hangover. As much of a pain in the ass as he is, I just can’t bring myself to do that to the guy.

Then it was on. I was glad to have picked on of the hottest days to do all of the work in the backyard. There’s few things more bittersweet than getting to play around on a fun piece of machinery with no A/C, on a sweltering hot day. Another cool thing was the lack of a breeze in the backyard. Oh well, I seem to have made it through unscathed, so I’ll quit my whining now.

Hopefully there will be some semblance of a yard soon. That doesn’t include bullrushes.

Blue and I then headed out to get the love of my life (not ice cream) from the trailer park, and were going to spend the night in the van, but because of the heat, and how tired I was, I didn’t clean out the van, take out the seats, and set up the bed. I figured I would just nurse a beer or two and drive us home to an air-conditioned cocoon, comfy bed, and a flush toilet. After a bit of cocooning, I knew that we had made the right choice.

I don’t remember what I did on Sunday, but it sure wasn’t church. Oh right, we helped some friends get the last bit of their pool in. There may have been beer involved, and possibly some bruised thumbs, but we managed to get the liner in before the storm.

We then went to the Stray Cat BBQ and Backyard Bonanza, the kiddies had a blast in the pool and hot tub, but as soon as the mosquitoes came out, it was adult time.\

There’s a reason that it’s so dark. Things were starting to get shady.

We had a great time, as we always do with the Cats and Kittens. You really couldn’t ask for a greater group to hang out with. No one takes things too seriously, and everyone gets along perfectly. I really don’t think I could play on another team. Mostly because I suck, and these guys don’t yell at me… too much.

Monday was a holiday, so I spent it digging, and stringing pipe until Gadget came over with Penny and one of their spawn. He helped me finish off the sonotube holes, get the footing and tubes in, and then the backfilling. I am so glad to have a friend that would take time out of his long weekend to come over and help make sure that things got done right. I would have been in poor shape trying to do all of that myself, and the deck would have probably been a foot out at one end from lack of planning. It turns out that I owe him five handjobs for his efforts, but he will need to be drunk for that, so I will wait patiently for that evening to arrive.

Now we are packing up our kids and a couple of their friends to head to the cabin for a few days. Blue loves it up there, and it will be nice for him to get a chance to run free. We love it there too, and there is a nice beach for swimming about five minutes away for the girls. It will be the first time we get up there for a real little holiday. I hope I get a chance to post something while we are there, but if I don’t have to fire up the generator, I probably won’t.

This mornin, I shot six holes in my freezer, I think I got cabin fever,


4 thoughts on “So that was the long weekend, huh?

    • I didn’t try a Landshark, only because I was the DD. 🙁 Yes, Blue is pretty frigging sweet, but not to the raccoons at the cabin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *