STOP FUCKING CLICKING SHIT IN FACEBOOK!
For fuck sake, start using your brain for more than watching [easyazon_link identifier=”B00FA2CBFU” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]Duck Dynasty[/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GOYHTB4″ locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]Honey Boo Boo[/easyazon_link]. There is a steady stream of articles on how stupid we are becoming, and you lazy bastards aren’t even trying to prove them wrong. Way to go, Evolution.
1. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00GU300HO” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]Southwest Airlines[/easyazon_link] is not giving you any fucking free tickets on Facebook. End of story. They probably will give you some free tickets if you miss a flight or something because of their screw up, or because your dad is a pilot with them and his family flies everywhere for free, but not because your asshole friend clicked on an asshole link on an asshole social media site and sent an asshole message to everyone on his friends list. Delete those friends.
2. Facebook likes can’t buy body parts. I wish they could. I’d love another 2 inches. Of height, you fucking perverts. They also can’t keep dogs from dying in a fighting ring, but do you know what can?
Yep, you guessed it, it’s tweets. If you tweet enough times that you don’t like pit fighting, it will put an immediate end to lowlife assclowns making their dogs fight for fun and profit. Give your fucking head a shake.
3. Anything that tells you to guess something, like, share or comment on a picture to “see what happens”, or find a 2 on a page full of 1s, is playing you for a fool, and a lot of you are letting them. Do you really think you are pulling one over on them and showing your intellectual dominance when you type in “HOCKEY! Duh…”?
No, you aren’t. They say that it’s hard so that you will feel superior and let everyone know how smart you are. There are hundreds of sports that don’t have an “A” in them. Same as towns without an “O”, colours without an “I”, and synonyms for semen without a “Z”. Ummm hello, [easyazon_link identifier=”B0013RA3I8″ locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]skeet[/easyazon_link], stupid.
Okay, that last one isn’t really a thing, but it will be by the time this posts. Seriously though, these people are “like, comment, and share harvesting” and when they get a whole bunch of “likers” they will sell the page to a company and the name will be changed and that company will have an already full advertising base to market their product to.
Please don’t give in to them.
4. Really? When I see this shit I seriously want to go kitten stomping at the person’s house that shared it. It’s usually followed by an “It can’t hurt.” or an “You never know. It might be true.”, or some other line of hopeful bullshit.
First off there’s the math. Bill Gates has a net worth of 67 billion dollars and Facebook has a billion active users in a month. If he liquidated everything he owned, he could last maybe a month giving away $100 to people, but $5000? Once a few people got their cheque, the number of active accounts sharing it would be astronomical.
Second of all, you might wonder why Bill Gates, the owner of [easyazon_link identifier=”B01606M7VM” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]Microsoft[/easyazon_link], would choose [easyazon_link identifier=”B0034G4P7G” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]Facebook[/easyazon_link] over say, Hotmail, Live Messenger, or even Socl, Microsoft’s own social networking site. He wouldn’t. Who the fuck just gives random competitor’s clientele huge sums of money? If you think that there was even a remote chance of this, you have a [easyazon_link identifier=”B001W1EYQW” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]plastic diorama[/easyazon_link] for a brain. You need to delete me right now, because I’m calling you stupid and you don’t want to be friends with a judgemental asshole.
5. Apple is not going to go on Facebook and just give out [easyazon_link identifier=”B00UBA7110″ locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]iphones[/easyazon_link] to any fucking yahoo that comments and shares. Do you think they are having a hard time selling these things? No. They could pledge to kill a Cambodian national after every sale and they would still sell enough to have a genocide party at Angkor Wat, with Cambodia owing a few hundred thousand first round draft picks for when China moves in to fill the textile factories.
Even if Apple was going to, do you think they would make a Facebook page with 171 likes, call it Apple iphone #5 Give-away, and put up a photo of some iphone boxes on a cheap, laminate floor? Of course they would. What better way to disguise one of the richest corporations in the world, than with a shitty cellphone photo and a freshly made page?
If you want to see what some of the harm that this behaviour can cause, take a look at this article about these data miners on the old FB. I think you’ll be surprised at how they are using your “like-ability” to make a tidy little profit.
Ah fuck it. I give up. I’m so fucking tired of hiding friends from my news feed, I almost start sharing it with everyone, just to fit in. You know. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em, right? Something to think about.
Ha, I’m just kidding. I would have nothing to gripe about then. I’m just glad that Facebook made the “hide from newsfeed” option and I don’t have to delete all my friends anymore.
Thanks for the technology, Facebook. You are doing some amazing things. Not keeping scumbags and assholes from preying on the weakest users, but other great things like sponsored posts and shit. That’s what’s important.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B009RJS8VS” locale=”US” tag=”granligh-20″]There’s an online world where I am king of a little website dedicated to me[/easyazon_link],