What must’ve happened to you in your life to make you want to kill a beautiful animal & then lie next to it smiling? pic.twitter.com/DyYw1T5ck2
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) April 13, 2015
He posted this later. I suppose to explain his stance.
I know we are all different & I don’t expect Trophy Hunters to change their ways, but I will always speak up for animals because I can 🙂 — Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) April 16, 2015
And this one, which resonates with me.
Don’t be surprised when people don’t care about a cause as much as you do. Don’t be deterred either. pic.twitter.com/F6Ok5R38np
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) April 15, 2015
It’s a well documented spat, and it’s getting people pretty heated on both sides of the debate. Although I don’t agree with trophy hunting at all; I also don’t agree with shooting trophy hunters and raping their children, which is apparently what some people have threatened Rebecca Francis with since this feud began.
That’s just wrong.
It’s not her children’s fault that she’s their mother. It’s her parent’s fault. As for killing her, I think that I’ve come up with a (probably) legal solution to everybody’s dilemmas.
Wait for it………
A trophy hunter video game!
Yes, I know that there are plenty of trophy hunting video games on the market, but is there one that allows you to hunt other trophy hunters?
You could follow the hunter’s convoy from the guide’s place and sneak in after them. Once they stop for lunch and the trackers go on up ahead, you affix your silencer and begin your prone position crawl through the underbrush to where you can take the *fingers crossed* lethal shot and still have time to get the professional hunter and the trophies of your kill.
Oh yeah, there’s trophies.
Once you get them mummified, you can add them to your collection.
I think that it will work out pretty good if we can get the animal rights people going on it. I’d give 90% of the yearly profits could go to VETPAW and Cruelty Free International, with the other 10% going to development of new games. What do you think about Backyard Breeder Beat Down for a title? It has a nice ring to it. Maybe the third could be called Matador Mayhem, where you get to hide outside of the bullfight ring and jump the bullfighters when they try to leave.
They sound awesome, right? I thought so too.1)Does anyone know any game developers? I have the ideas, but that’s about it.
While we’re on the subject of justice, did you hear about Ian Gibson, the professional hunter that was trampled by a bull elephant that he was tracking?
It’s true. I almost gave a shit about him when I read that it was a gruesome scene, but then I went back to eating licorice and wrestling with the dog. I think that it’s quite a fitting end. I hope that if I can’t get myself shot while jumping in front some innocent people at a drive by, that I will get gored by a moose as I’m lining up a shot on his father.
Circle of life, yo.
Awesome footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↑||Does anyone know any game developers? I have the ideas, but that’s about it.|